Sunday, June 11, 2017

#VOW : WASH LOCZ OR SHAKE LOCZ by I.T


As a Rastaman, Clean Locks is a must. Sometimes you have to use a regular shampoo to get all the dirtiness out I must confess. In that case, I like Bergamot or Argan shampoo when possible to get it... But what about before the use of commercial shampoo or when Rastaman used to keep it more Natural. River wash with herbs and leaves and a shake?  I know about the use of Ripe Banana, Avocado, Young crushed Cacao as natural methods of washing dreadlocks, I say Locz this time..just for fun. Hibiscus Leaves is another one, Rosemary, Aloe..and many others that I probably never heard about.
To Shake your locks is not the same as washing it, I`d say. Washing is to get them really clean. So I`d also say "Wash your locz before you shake them!".
This Time I chose to feature this special mixture that I prepare to shake my locz whenever the sun and the moon are in their Perfect Times. Bright and Happy sunny day and Also the moon on a rise, Full or still big. It helps with growth, and leaves a long lasting Rosemary aroma, probably til the next wash.
The Thick and heavy liquid is prepared with about two handfuls of soft hibiscus leaves and about two long stalks of fresh Rosemary leaves. Use a bucket or deep and large bowl to crush leaves properly in 3/4 litre fresh water and then strain out the leaves. The liquid should be thick and slimy like crushed Aloe and have a dark brownish green colour with a rosemary scent.
Now apply by putting all your locz into the container and see how it absorbs every drop leaving you with a very heavy head haha. That's until you squeeze it all out and repeat again if you want. Now SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE , Foward, Sideways, Spin around, SHAKE YOUR NATTY RASTAMAN! but don't break your neck. Yeah, we say Natty for Locz too. Wool, Bongo, Crown..many names. But it is a personal Vow. Real Rastaman Know.
If the hair feels slimy after the shake slightly rinse with fresh water or use rosemary water to leave a stronger aroma and a cool texture.


Watch! 


STAGE I



STAGE II



STAGE III


If you are not sure about the Hibiscus plant that you have, Use Aloe but may need to be blended since crushing with hands is not the same as crushing a regular leaf. 

#vow #washloczshakelocz #tuherbicina #ijahdantaurus






No comments:

Post a Comment